• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit and Run by Uninsured Motorist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scourtney

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Indiana

I was involved in a hit and run accident. About an hour after the accident the person was found and arrested. She has a suspended driver's license and the car she was driving was stolen. I have Uninsured Motorist coverage under my auto policy. The adjuster is claiming I still have to pay 100% of my deductible. Where do I find laws for Indiana about this? I have heard the most I should pay is 50% of the deductible.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

scourtney said:
What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Indiana

I was involved in a hit and run accident. About an hour after the accident the person was found and arrested. She has a suspended driver's license and the car she was driving was stolen. I have Uninsured Motorist coverage under my auto policy. The adjuster is claiming I still have to pay 100% of my deductible. Where do I find laws for Indiana about this? I have heard the most I should pay is 50% of the deductible.

My response:

Unless you have "Uninsured Motorist Deductible Waiver" in your Declaration page of your insurance, then you're on the hook. And, that's apparently so since your adjuster is telling you that under your policy you're on the hook. Check your Declaration page of your policy (that's the sheet with all the dollar amounts of coverage).

IAAL

S

scourtney

Thank you for your response. I will check my policy tonight.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">