• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit and Run unknowingly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nico82

Hello, I live in CA. I was driving home on the freeway and a car on my right changed lane and cut in front of me so fast then immediately slammed on her breaks to a full stop, I slammed on my breaks but at first I thought nothing happened because as she inched forward, I didn't see any damage or dents to her car. There was very little shoulder (more like a bike line sized shoulder) to stop and with the incoming traffic, I thought it wasn't safe to stop. I signalled to her to follow me but she proceeded to go back to her previous lane (right) and sped away. I exited on the next exit to check and there is a scratch on my front bumper, there are no dents just small scratches.

I'm not sure what to do. I called the insurance and CHP but I have to go down to the station to report it (they are close on weekends). Is this considered a hit and run?

Last edited:

justalayman

You called the chp and I presume you intend on continuing with the report so no, you would not be charged with a hit and run.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">