• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit by a skateboarder!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sturgbe

What is the name of your state? California

I was at a 4-corner stop sign and was preparing to turn right. I had made a complete stop and was slowly proceeding through the cross walk when a young kid (12-years old) came roaring through the cross walk on his skate board. He was traveling down a pretty steep hill and never stopped at the stop sign. I noticed him coming at me, so I stopped my car in the middle of the cross walk but he never stopped (I don't know that he could have at his speed).

He proceeded to hit the side of my car near the right fender/right headlight area. A local resident called the ambulance and he was taken away as a procaution. I had almost zero damage to the car (you have to really examine the car to see anything). And the kid appeared fine at the scene but the people wanted to make certain he was fine. This happened almost a month ago and just now we are hearing that the parents are filing a claim against me. They are stating that he broke his leg and he suffered a concussion.

It just so happens that he is also in a PE class at the local junior high and his teacher is one of my best friends. My friend (teacher) tells me that he has been participating in all activites over the lat month but just lately was given a note that he is not to participate in physical activity.

What do you think is our best course of action?

Thanks in advance.

Stu

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">