• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit skip

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

feed up2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio
I was invovled in a hit skip accident. My car is being totaled out. Someone at the scene followed the other driver and gave tthe police the DOT number off the truck. How do I go about going after this driver. My insurance is paying off my car, but Im out of a car that I need for my job.

ecmst12

Provide your insurance with the information on the other vehicle. The only thing besides what your insurance is paying that you are entitled to is your deductible.

feed up2

Provide your insurance with the information on the other vehicle. The only thing besides what your insurance is paying that you are entitled to is your deductible.[/What about me missing work, Im now on medication. And, I could get fired if I don't have a car. This man hit me. I hit a wall my car it totaled. He didnt even stop to see if I was ok, and he can walk with only paying $250. WOW!QUOTE]

ecmst12

He's responsible to pay back your insurance for what THEY paid too, but you are not entitled to more then the value of your vehicle, period.

Now if you have an injury claim that's a separate issue. You should find out if he has insurance first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">