• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit and Skip

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

castlerock

i have been charged with a hit and skip offense in the state of ohio and have to appear in court. I backed into a work truck that was parked somewhat in the middle of the street in our apt. complex. I got out of my car and assessed the damages. Not noticing any visible damages and not seeing the workmen, I left for 2 hours with the intention of speaking to them when i returned home (they are contractors who are on the property every day) I came home to find the police waiting for me and was charged with the offense. The workmen were no longer there. The accident report shows damage to the truck but without an estimated amount. It is my understanding that as this occured on private property, the police should not have been involved. I realize I was completely at fault and should have left a note. Is this the case concerning the hit and skip offense in OH (priv. property) and is there any way to defend my situation? Thank you

[Edited by castlerock on 07-01-2001 at 05:37 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">