• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit by the uninsured

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kingy

What is the name of your state? Kansas

In June of 2003 I was parked legally and a guy tryin to show off crossed the yellow line and hit the front of my truck. It totaled my truck and didnt do much damage to his. He didint have any kind of insurance but told the cops he did. He says he will not pay for any of the damage or even the tow bill. Later his sister gave me 13 different tickets gotten by him and one was for a suspsended DL given by the same cop that was at my accident. The cop knew he didnt have a DL and did nothing about it. I am a college student without transportation to and from school, and have been without since june. I go to school 20 mins away so its not easy getting there everyday. What can i have done about gettin my truck fixed/ a new one and the money ive had to waste on payin people to take me to school. Can i sue the City and actually have a case?

racer72

In what way was the city negligent? How did they cause the accident?

The answers are they are not and they didn't. You can't sue the city. You will have to sue the driver of the vehicle that hit your truck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">