• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit by uninsured driver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yiulan77

What is the name of your state? CA

I got into an accident yesterday as I was heading out of the parking lot of my complex. The driver hit the side of my car causing both the driver side and passenger side door to be dented and scratched. The estimates came back to be about $1500. At the time, the driver told me she has no insurance but will go and get insurance that same day. She has asked us to lie for her and to tell our insurance agent and her agent that the accident took place after she got her insurance and not before. Are there any consequences to this course of action? What is the best thing for me to do?

xylene

yiulan77 said:
What is the name of your state? CA

I got into an accident yesterday as I was heading out of the parking lot of my complex. The driver hit the side of my car causing both the driver side and passenger side door to be dented and scratched. The estimates came back to be about $1500. At the time, the driver told me she has no insurance but will go and get insurance that same day. She has asked us to lie for her and to tell our insurance agent and her agent that the accident took place after she got her insurance and not before. Are there any consequences to this course of action? What is the best thing for me to do?
Do you know the driver who hit you?

Because commiting insurance fraud is REALLY big favor...

Did you skimp and not have uninsured motorist coverage?

Why commit insurance fraud?

Happy Trails

yiulan77 said:
Are there any consequences to this course of action? What is the best thing for me to do?
Don't get caught up in what this person is trying to make you do. It would be fraud and you could get charged criminally for it.

http://www.co.el-dorado.ca.us/eldoda/insurance.html

http://www.insurance.ca.gov/0100-consumers/0100-insurance-guides/0100-automobile-series/automobile-insurance.cfm

Tell the other driver they need to pay you for the damages. If they don't then you need to sue the driver in small claims court. You can also report it to the police dept. and tell them the driver was uninsured.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">