• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hit while crossing street on a walk signal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suziqar

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?minnesota

I was struck while crossing on foot in a crosswalk during a walk signal. The driver turned right and, though missing me with his pickup, struck me with the trailer he was pulling. I fell and the trailer rolled over my right leg, crushing it. I had extensive surgery, and have over $80,000 in medical bills. I still have continuous pain and scarring, and the use of my leg is diminished. I have filed suit against the driver, but:
a: he's claiming he is not at fault
b: his attorney (or rather the insurance co.'s attorney) is playing stalling games, such as requesting a deposition and then refusing to make the defendant available for deposition; and refusing to provide answers to interagatories.

any advice?

help!!

seniorjudge

suziqar said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?minnesota

I was struck while crossing on foot in a crosswalk during a walk signal. The driver turned right and, though missing me with his pickup, struck me with the trailer he was pulling. I fell and the trailer rolled over my right leg, crushing it. I had extensive surgery, and have over $80,000 in medical bills. I still have continuous pain and scarring, and the use of my leg is diminished. I have filed suit against the driver, but:
a: he's claiming he is not at fault
b: his attorney (or rather the insurance co.'s attorney) is playing stalling games, such as requesting a deposition and then refusing to make the defendant available for deposition; and refusing to provide answers to interagatories.

any advice?

help!!

What advice have you gotten from your lawyer?

When did the accident happen?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">