• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit While Parked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

moshi8

What is the name of your state? California

My parked car was hit while parked on a public street by an employee (driver) of a company that has a fleet of big rigs. The company has a $500,000 and has agreed to pay for the current value of my car -- $9K (I still owe $12K), if I will consider it "totalled" and $8K if i want to get it fixed.

Who is actually reponsible for the damages? The company or the driver? So far my insurance company has stayed out of it although i did file the accident.

Should I get a second opinion from my insurance as to the value?

The kicker is that I also work for the same company as the driver that hit me. :)

Based on other postings, I gather all I can get is the current value of the car. It just seems like none of this is really being handled in a very professional manner as I am not even included in any of the meeting about the future of my car.

Should I just be lucky to get what I get? Or can I explore other avenues?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">