• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hitter gave false info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mycoffee

Someone recently rear-ended me, and I was pretty shaken up. We exchanged phone numbers and insurance information, but when I went to call their insurance, the company said that there was no such a person in their company and that the policy number did not exist. Because I was not thinking straight at the time of the accident, I failed to take down their driver's license number or their license plate number.

My question is, what are my options at this point? If I find the person what kind of action will be taken against them? Should I go to the police about this or will my insurance take care of it?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Go to the police and then go to your insurance company. In the meantime, try to jog your memory and see if there is anything you can remember. Maybe even going back to the same general area around the same general time may lead to something...People sometimes have the same schedules.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">