• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hitting a towed vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bigmama1

What is the name of your state? north dakota

I was driving down a continuous main road in my city, when a man towing a vehicle pulled into my lane from a frontage road. They cited the guy sitting in the tow vehicle, because his was the vehicle that I hit. I had the right of way and the city attorney says that they should charge the man in the towed vehicle that was hit. I disagree I believe that the man towing both vehicles is responsible, he was the one who pulled out in front of me. My insurance company suggests that I pay my own deductible and then take the driver who was towing the other vehicle to court to get reimbursed. I think that this is bunk! Any opinions?

HomeGuru

bigmama1 said:
What is the name of your state? north dakota

I was driving down a continuous main road in my city, when a man towing a vehicle pulled into my lane from a frontage road. They cited the guy sitting in the tow vehicle, because his was the vehicle that I hit. I had the right of way and the city attorney says that they should charge the man in the towed vehicle that was hit. I disagree I believe that the man towing both vehicles is responsible, he was the one who pulled out in front of me. My insurance company suggests that I pay my own deductible and then take the driver who was towing the other vehicle to court to get reimbursed. I think that this is bunk! Any opinions?

**A: I don't follow your post. Are you saying that the tow truck driver was towing more than one vehicle? And the police gave a citation to the person sitting in one of the vehicles being towed?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">