• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hoping to win a suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

himopso

What is the name of your state? New York

On 12/24/02, I was attempting to make a right into a parking lot, from the right lane ( There is another lane, but cars are parked there), when a car being driven by someone other than the insured and vehicle was owned by hit me while I was turning on the right side of my van .

I took over payments for the van from a man who sold it to me, but because my insurance would be too expensive, he allowed me to keep his insurance, but at the time of the accident, I was not an additional driver, for a while now I have been added.

After a few months, their insurance company's estimator estimated the damage at $1,400 for my van, but later only paid $461.00.

Just recently, I have received a paper that they are suing me for $2,488.00. I believe it is a last ditch effort to get some money for their losses in the car because my company won't pay due to their fault ( I guess). How can I win this case?( I got kids and a wife and not that much money to go around!)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">