• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Horrible accident-im so worried!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mryanpilarski

I live in Attica NY, and i was driving in Alden, NY. I was at the intersection of Two Rod Road and Broadway, at a red light. When it turned green, i was to drive a mere 50 feet forward to a median in front of a gas station. As a proceded to press the gas, i noticed that an individual (teen kid in a sports car) who was at the other light that had just turned red, didnt want to wait for the light, so he stormed across the gas station, (which the gas station attendant saw) to avoid the light, and came out at the exit/entrance. I saw him coming at a very high rate of speed, so unthoughtfully, to get out of his way, i proceded to turn across the lane to avoid him from hitting my side driver's door---BAD MOVE. The last thing i remember was seeing a full size truck coming towards my passenger side, and not stopping at all--just ramming into my side, destroying the door, cab, and bed. Without my seatbelt on, i would have died. I awoke suddenly to see the sports car on my one side destroyed, and the full size truck totalled on my other side. It took me a few days to remember this, because i told the cop that i was in the median and didnt move, and i thought the kid in the car had hit me and spun me, then the truck hit me. Iwas in such a daze from being taken in an ambulance that i told a different story to the cop! This was my first accident ever, my first ride in an ambulance, and i was scared horribly. The individual and his friend (driver was 90 years old, passenger 84 years old) and me were all taken to St. Josephs in an ambulance. They had to SCREAM at him to get him to talk, and he admitted that he was completely deaf. All he was complaining about was the amount the doctor bill was going to be.

All through this i keep thinking, all this would have been avoided if that damn kid hadnt stormed through the parking lot. I recieved 2 tickets. One was for my inspection sticker (expired in April, accident was in September, because i have no money to fiz all the things that needed replacing to pass inspection) and another ticket for failure to yeild the right of way at a median. Should i just plead guilty and pay the fine, because of my horribly expired inspection sticker, or fight it in traffic court. Could the kid in the sports car sue me? Could the old couple sue me? I have Allstate and no fault insurance policy. I cannot handle any stress whatsoever, and all i truly worry about is that old couple. Supposidly, they're ok, but their truck is totaled. Will they be satisfied enough with insurance paying their loss? This is my first time ever in any accident. I have a clean record to begin with. Also, my truck is a 1989 Chevy Scottsdale longbed, and the couple's truck is a White 95 or 96 dodge dakota. The kid appeared to have a purple toyota corrolla or something. Please- if anyone can help give me anything--i havent slept in days. I feel horrible for what i have done. I never speed, i never "gas" it at an intersection. Im a good driver. My truck was worth about $800 to begin with. Will i be awarded any type of check if i had just straight liability, and no collision? If anyone can help, please do. Thank you very much

-stressed in attica

JETX

Since my crystal ball is still in the shop, there is simply no way that I (or anyone here) can tell you what others may or may not do.

With the seriousness of the accident (per your post), I can pretty much say that SOMEONE is going to get sued over this one... and whoever is found at fault will have some major legal problems.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">