• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

house fire caused by negligent trucker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jim g

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Texas

Unzoned,unrestricted subdivision(had restrictions 50 years ago)
Neighbor operates truck yard out of back lawn, on 3 occaisions has
hooked power lines(dumptrucks with beds "up") with varying degrees of damage to lines and power/phone service. The third time he caused a fire that destroyed our house.
It was deemed an accident by the Fire Marshall and no tickets were issued although the driver left the scene,said he did not see damage although he was 20' from the leaning electrical pole and facing straight toward it,our house was also smoking(all of this was witnessed by another neighbor and myself)Owner of the co. later told Fire Marshall he was driving(proven to be a lie)
Our insurance paid and is in subrogation,his insurance has paid what ours won't cover.He also has had some "environmental" violations because he does mechanical and pressure washing on the premises. I have been told that I do not have a case,that I have a negligence case,that I have a "Nuisance abatement"case,what do I do?I only want him out of the neighborhood.This is not his residence,he rents the house to another family.
Shortly after our "accident" one of his trucks was rolled by another of his drivers in a single vehicle accident.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">