• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOV violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dlplaw

What is the name of your state?
NY - state

Got a ticket today morning for entering the HOV lane not thru the right entrance.

Will this add points to the license??

The traffic was too much , so everyone was moving to the HOV lane, becuase the HOV lane entrance was a little far away. Un lucky I got caught

Should I appeal against this ??

Happy Trails

dlplaw said:
What is the name of your state?
NY - state

Got a ticket today morning for entering the HOV lane not thru the right entrance.

Will this add points to the license??

The traffic was too much , so everyone was moving to the HOV lane, becuase the HOV lane entrance was a little far away. Un lucky I got caught

Should I appeal against this ??
Yes, 3 points. Here is a link with others that may have info. since they are in same situation.

http://www.prairielaw.com/messageboards/message.asp?channelid=0&mbid=52&mid=462754&catId=8

snostar

Were you driving a red corvette on the LIE? If so, I saw you :D

You don't "appeal" it, show up for court, dress nice, be polite to the attorney making the deals and you MAY get off with just a fine. The three points is standard, but not binding.

D

dlplaw

No !!!

I was driving a camry man

Should I sent the summons back to them pleading 'not guilty' and then go to court when the appointment comes,

how does that work?

snostar

Isn't there a court appearance date on the ticket? Show up for the date. If you want to plead guilty, pay the fine, get the points and mail a check in with the ticket.

I'm definetly not a man! :D

D

dlplaw

I am sorry :confused:

ticket says to plead not guilty , complete send the ticket back and wait for the mail with the time and location of the hearing.

This doesnot tell how much the fine is!! How do I know if there will be points.
This cop said(I dont blv him) this is one of the tickets with the least severity.

Last edited:
D

dlplaw

This doesnot tell how much the fine is!! How do I know if there will be points.
This cop said(I dont blv him) this is one of the tickets with the least severity

snostar

Just check the NOT GUILTY box, mail it in and get a hearing date!!!! PERIOD.

You'll find out the rest when you show up for court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">