• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Bad Can it Get!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X

xray731

What is the name of your state? New York

My son allowed a friend to borrow his car last night to drive another person home. Upon returning to the friend's house, he was hit head on by a driver in his lane. The man acknowledged to the boys he was on his cell phone and wasn't paying attention besides reaking of alcohol - as confirmed by the paramedic but the cops didn't issue any tickets. My car is totaled....Advise?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

xray731 said:

My son allowed a friend to borrow his car last night to drive another person home. Upon returning to the friend's house, he was hit head on by a driver in his lane. The man acknowledged to the boys he was on his cell phone and wasn't paying attention besides reaking of alcohol - as confirmed by the paramedic but the cops didn't issue any tickets. My car is totaled....Advise?

My response:

Insurance?

IAAL

M

madforce

xray731 said:

Follow up with the police officer that wrote the report. The ticket may have been issued after the alchol test was administered. Also, even if he was sober, he still caused the accident. You need to contact the guilty party and his insurance. If he doesn't cooperate, get a lawyer that will work on contingency.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">