• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Can I be served a Lawsuit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

ghoust

What is the name of your state? CA.

The title says it all. Just wondering. Do they HAVE to serve me in person. If I leave the country then what happens?

H

hexeliebe

Then you'll give up any right to be present while the case is decided without you. If this is a civil matter.

If it's a criminal matter then you'll learn about it on the plane back to this country. It's called extradition.

H

hexeliebe

Did you read what I wrote. Service can also be made in print if you cannot be found. The trial will proceed without you. Period.

H

hexeliebe

By the way, your question is really moot. Your parents will be on the hook as the holder of the insurance and if I was your father I'd beat the living crap out of you then turn you over to the father of the girl you hurt and are now trying to runaway from...

I'm done with you because we have enough punks coming here trying to run away from their responsibility. we don't need another one.

You decided to do 70 in a 35, you hit the car and you injured people. The only thing you've proven on this board is you're not man enough to stand up for what you did.

G

gotocourt

You may be served by personal service (handed to you), substituted service (leaving a copy at your home or place of business/employment), and after diligently attempting such methods, by publication. Alternatively, you can accept service by written acknowledgement, of if you know an action is pending against you, by voluntarily appearing in that action.

Accept service gracefully (the process server is only acting as a messenger of sorts) and forward a copy to your insurance carrier as soon as possible.

C

crashtestdummy

WOW

Don't be a baby..face what you did..You hurt a child with your recklessness.

You need to face this. Did you commit homicide of any kind..NO!
Or did you? Why so quick to run from it? You and that child have your whole lives ahead of you. Get a lawyer..talk to your insurance..face your consequences.

You run out of country and it will be MUCH worse later!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">