• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how can one dispute an IME??? please help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amirajormond

thanks

brain injury or not, I don't think I would have been able to figure this out or find out all of this stuff on my own. You both have been so incredibly helpful. Thank you again, really.

rmet4nzkx

amirajormond said:
brain injury or not, I don't think I would have been able to figure this out or find out all of this stuff on my own. You both have been so incredibly helpful. Thank you again, really.
You are welcome. People with brain injuries fall through the cracks. Keep us updated.

ecmst12

You must be some kind of saint :) Beyond your medical bills and missed work, you are entitled to some kind of compensation (and probably quite a lot) for the horrible amounts of pain you've endured and will likely continue to endure for the rest of your life....I can't believe you didn't even try to get some kind of settlement before this!

When I needed a lawyer, I got recommendations from family and friends, but my case was not as complicated as yours so going with those highly specialized organizations for referrals is probably a good idea. Good luck though!

Last edited:
S

shell007

amirajormond said:
Would you suggest getting names of lawyers from my treating docs as they would probably be unbiased and may have heard word of mouth from other patients that have had good experiences?

I am afraid of just looking in the phone book and just plain freaked out by the ones on tv.
I personally would not look to your doc's for suggestions on Lawyers. As soon as it becomes clearly apparent that you are indeed suing...you may find them to become a bit stand-offish, as they will then know that they are about to become involved in more ways than just your treatment.

Follow Rmet's links.

amirajormond

ecmst12 said:
You must be some kind of saint :) ....I can't believe you didn't even try to get some kind of settlement before this!
Right now I feel more like the village idiot than a saint. I have been really naive. Maybe its from the head injury, because I used to be very bright. I think I have lost some intelligence, ability to reason and common sense with the accident. If this is typical, its no wonder that brain injured people fall through the cracks, if they are like me, they don't even realize they need a lot of help.

S

shell007

amirajormond said:
Right now I feel more like the village idiot than a saint. I have been really naive. Maybe its from the head injury, because I used to be very bright. I think I have lost some intelligence, ability to reason and common sense with the accident. If this is typical, its no wonder that brain injured people fall through the cracks, if they are like me, they don't even realize they need a lot of help.
It could also be that you are a very trusting individual. Not a bad thing, but certainly the type that could get taken advantage of very easily.

amirajormond

rmet4nzkx said:
You are welcome. People with brain injuries fall through the cracks. Keep us updated.
Thank you, I will let you know what happens. I have a feeling I am in for a long ordeal physically and now legally.

Hopefully I can get an appointment with some potential attorneys next week, I will be on the phone today trust me. The accident was in November 2003, so if the SL is 3 years, at least I have a few months to get it together.

You guys have been really nice, in a scary and frustrating situation, your advice and kindness has really been a comfort.

S

shell007

Thank you, I will let you know what happens. I have a feeling I am in for a long ordeal physically and now legally
Although you have a rough road yet to travel, hopefully YOU will be one of the individuals who will be compensated as you so deserve. I hope that in the long run...your efforts will be rewarded.

weenor

check the local bar association for attorneys specializing in workers' compensation and personal injury...you will need to file both and the workers' compensation insurer/employer will have to be paid back from any third party proceeds, but at least a wc lawyer can keep some money coming in while you pursue the other litigation. For both cases you will most definitely need a neuropsychological evaluation....many of the permanent effects of TBI are not readily discernible to other types of doctors. Once you have an attorney, the money for the evaluation can be paid by the attorney and he/she will be reimbursed when you settle and/or receive an award on your cases.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">