• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can we be charged all?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mary Joseph

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

:confused: My sons "best friend" willingly let him drive his truck (owned by his mom and sister??) to take a friend home from a party. My son ran the truck into an embankment and did supposedly $1700.00 in damages. They claim to have $1000.00 deductible. We barrowed the$1000.00. Now they claim we have to pay the whole $1700.00 so their homeowners ins. won't go up. Sounds funny to me?? What does the law say?

racer72

The law says your son in liable for the entire cost of the damage. If the owners of the truck did file a claim with their insurance, most likely auto insurance not homeowners, the insurance company would come after your son for reimbursement. And it would be more than the $700 difference, they would also ask for attorney and collection fees too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">