• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I get a auto recovery company to pay for the damages on my vehicle?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bezell

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Problem:

On 09/25/04 at 3:00 pm, my vehicle was picked up by a local auto recovery group (Michigan Auto Recovery Service, Inc). The order to have it pickup came from the Detroit police department as an abandoned vehicle. This vehicle was a working vehicle that was drivable, not abandoned. The vehicle just had expired tags which I found out from the Detroit police department, that a vehicle that is on the street must have update registration. From that point, I call the Michigan Auto Recovery Service to find out how much I had to pay to get my vehicle back. The cost was 107 dollars which included towing and storage. On 10/01/04, I went and got updated tags from the Secretary of State office. I went to the Michigan Auto Recovery to pay the towing and storage fees, which I did. Come to find out that my vehicle was stripped for parts on their lot. All four tires are gone, the battery, the carburetor, the engine hoses are cut, the muffler is on the ground, and the inside is all torn up. I informed the workers on the condition of my vehicle and they informed me to call the owner of the company. I called the owner and at first he gave me the run around. Then, I asked him to pay for the damages to my vehicle and he informed me that he will only pay me 100 dollars for the vehicle. I informed him that the vehicle was a working vehicle that I was using this fall to drive my kids to school in the morning. The owner of the company still refuses to pay the damages to my vehicle. At this point, I don't know what to do. It's starting to get cold and I have to walk my kids to school in the morning. I can't believe a preferred customer of the Detroit police department is treating a citizen of Detroit like this.

What should I do?

stephenk

since this is a car you drove your kids around in I am sure you had insurance on the car. Make a claim with your carrier.

OR

you make a claim against the tow yard's insurance carrier.

OR

Your other option would be to file a small claims action against the tow yard.

D

D.B. Cooper

Just ignore this clown "stepenk" he sounds like he gets his facts of off perry mason, probaly while high on crack, what a ignorant moron.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">