• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I get compensated past stock vehicle value?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

noflameout

What is the name of your state? Hawaii

Last Saturday, while driving my 2002 Honda Gold Wing with the right-of-way, a driver hit me who had previously stopped at a stop sign at an "T" intersection, then shot out in my path. The other driver stated that a vehicle illegally parked on the same street I was travelling blocked his view. Both the other driver and the illegally parked vehicle were deemed at fault and cited. I received seven stitches in my elbow, have deep skin abrasions on my face and legs, a bruised sternum, a neck injury whereby pain occurs intermittently, and will miss several days at work due to extreme pain overall. My Rolex watch, clothing, and Oakley sunglasses were destroyed. My bike, loaded with hundreds of dollars of aftermarket upgrades, and a special stock paint scheme that is no longer offered, was severely damaged. I also have several hundred dollars worth of aftermarket parts in my garage that I planned to have installed on the bike. My insurance adjuster has stated i'm entitled to blue book value which will not come close to covering my total investment. I'd like to have my bike restored to the same condition it was before the accident. I haven't gotten far enough along to address my medical matters. Since the other two parties impacting the accident were at fault, what can I do so I don't get undercompensated in all areas?

teflon_jones

noflameout said:
My Rolex watch, clothing, and Oakley sunglasses were destroyed.
Sue the other parties for these damages. They're not covered by auto insurance.

noflameout said:
My bike, loaded with hundreds of dollars of aftermarket upgrades, and a special stock paint scheme that is no longer offered, was severely damaged.
You're entitled to be reimbursed for damages to the aftermarket components, but it's likely that you'll have to sue the other parties to get $$$ for this. Teh other insurance company is likely to offer only NADA value. The stock paint scheme will have to be repainted.

noflameout said:
I also have several hundred dollars worth of aftermarket parts in my garage that I planned to have installed on the bike.
After the accident, you still have these parts. The accident is irrelevant to this.

noflameout said:
My insurance adjuster has stated i'm entitled to blue book value which will not come close to covering my total investment.
See above. You'll need to sue for the other items.

noflameout said:
I'd like to have my bike restored to the same condition it was before the accident.
See above.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">