• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I STOP intrusive interrogatories?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jzabo

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? NC

I was rear ended [not my fault] while I was stopped in a collision that totaled the car I was driving. .

I suffer from arthritis and was found SS disabled after the accident caused what they say is fibromyalgia. I have to take a very high dose of narcotics everyday.

The defendants attorney wants information on my educational degrees, tax returns, articles I have published etc. Information I have. They also want a copy of my Social Security file.

I feel this information is private. Is there any legal way I can stop them from having this information? if not
Is there any legal way I can force them to keep this information confidential and not publish it.

Thank you
jz

:mad:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jzabo said:
What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? NC

I was rear ended [not my fault] while I was stopped in a collision that totaled the car I was driving. .

I suffer from arthritis and was found SS disabled after the accident caused what they say is fibromyalgia. I have to take a very high dose of narcotics everyday.

The defendants attorney wants information on my educational degrees, tax returns, articles I have published etc. Information I have. They also want a copy of my Social Security file.

I feel this information is private. Is there any legal way I can stop them from having this information? if not
Is there any legal way I can force them to keep this information confidential and not publish it.

Thank you
jz

:mad:

My response:

Where's your attorney?

IAAL

J

jzabo

Intrusive interrogatories

NC is my State and my attorney Holly Saunders is with Browne Febotte Wilson & Horne here in Charlotte, NC which is through the Prepaid Legal, Inc service [which I highly do not recommend]

To me she is worthless. Last Monday 8/6/02 the judge order her to pay the defendants attorney $350.00 for her failure to provide interrogatories on time.

I'm at a loss because I am not an attorney and I'm trying to figure out how to protect myself.

Do I file an appearance , pro se so I will be notified of all proceedings and to indicate to the judge that I am not being adequately represented and that I need help.

Please if anyone has suggestions on what to do - I'm reading.

Thank you , I'm getting desperate.

JZ

HomeGuru

Re: Intrusive interrogatories

jzabo said:
NC is my State and my attorney Holly Saunders is with Browne Febotte Wilson & Horne here in Charlotte, NC which is through the Prepaid Legal, Inc service [which I highly do not recommend]

To me she is worthless. Last Monday 8/6/02 the judge order her to pay the defendants attorney $350.00 for her failure to provide interrogatories on time.

I'm at a loss because I am not an attorney and I'm trying to figure out how to protect myself.

Do I file an appearance , pro se so I will be notified of all proceedings and to indicate to the judge that I am not being adequately represented and that I need help.

Please if anyone has suggestions on what to do - I'm reading.

Thank you , I'm getting desperate.

JZ
**A: you have various remedies such as filing a complaint against your attorney with the State Supreme Court and the OK corporate office of PPLS.
Either request PPLS to assign you another law firm/attorney or forget the legal prepaid service service and hire an attorney directly.
With respect to your legal issues, request a continuance on the basis that you have fired your attorney and are looking for a new one. Thus, you need time to find another attorney and time for the substition of counsel paperwork to be completed.

J

jzabo

OBJECTION to Intrusive interrogatories

You people don't know how much I appreciate your ideas and help. I'm between a rock and a hard place.

The suggestion that I find a new attorney sounds good. If there are any Charlotte, NC attorneys out there who will listen to my case please send email to mailto:[email protected] .

My other option seems to be to put PREPAID LEGAL SERVICES on the spot since hiring another attorney to take over a case in progress may not be that easy.

My real concern is.......

I have until 9/6/2002 to answer all the interrogatories and supplemental interrogatories.
1. I have objected, as privledged information, to the request for my last 5 years tax returns
2. I have objected, as privledged information, to the request for my Social Security record

Can I do this and not produce those records.

Thank you
JZ

HomeGuru

Re: OBJECTION to Intrusive interrogatories

jzabo said:
You people don't know how much I appreciate your ideas and help. I'm between a rock and a hard place.

The suggestion that I find a new attorney sounds good. If there are any Charlotte, NC attorneys out there who will listen to my case please send email to mailto:[email protected] .
**A: you would better your chances of finding new counsel by going to www.attorneypages.com, looking in the yellow pages
and contacting your local Bar Association.
My other option seems to be to put PREPAID LEGAL SERVICES on the spot since hiring another attorney to take over a case in progress may not be that easy.

**A: you need a new attorney.

My real concern is.......

I have until 9/6/2002 to answer all the interrogatories and supplemental interrogatories.
1. I have objected, as privledged information, to the request for my last 5 years tax returns
2. I have objected, as privledged information, to the request for my Social Security record

Can I do this and not produce those records.

Thank you
JZ

**A: you can object all you want 24/7 even all the way down to the border of South Carolina, but the Court will make the final decision.

stephenk

When your attorney was sanctioned for not providing interrogatory responses, I am sure the court ordered that the responses be answered by September 6, correct?

The court most likely ordered that the responses are to be made without objection. The reason being that the time limit to object had passed and you were no longer entitled to object.

The information on your SS disability file is relevant to the case since you are making a claim for injuries that have resulted in SS being involved. You cant claim the accident caused or aggravated physical problems and then say you dont want to provide information on those physical problems.

Are you making a claim for loss of past or future earnings? If yes, then the other side is entitled to financial information regarding your past earnings.

J

jzabo

Intrusive interrogatories

stephenk

Thank you for your reply. It contains the most relevant imformation I have received so far.

RE: When your attorney was sanctioned for not providing interrogatory responses, I am sure the court ordered that the responses be answered by September 6, correct?

ANS: YES, the court ordered that the responses be answered by September 6.

RE: The court most likely ordered that the responses are to be made without objection. The reason being that the time limit to object had passed and you were no longer entitled to object.

ANS: I don't know if this is true or not I will need to check. THe Judge did ask my attorney if she was asserting PROTECTIVE ORDERS. If my attorney Holly Saunders with Browne Febotte Wilson & Horne here in Charlotte, NC which is through the Prepaid Legal, Inc service [which I highly do not recommend] has not protected my interests she may find herself on the otherside of a lawsuit along with complaints being filed against her with the bar association.

RE: The information on your SS disability file is relevant to the case since you are making a claim for injuries that have resulted in SS being involved. You cant claim the accident caused or aggravated physical problems and then say you dont want to provide information on those physical problems.

ANS: I understand your point but, the information the defense is seeking is available from the medical records that they want to see. To me this is duplication which is barred.

RE: Are you making a claim for loss of past or future earnings? If yes, then the other side is entitled to financial information regarding your past earnings.

ANS: I am providing a copy of my last computer consulting contract and copies of checks form that contract to establish my economic worth in the market place. So, to me what is on the tax return doesn't tell the true story about what my economic worth is.

Thank you for taking time to answer my posting.
JZ
:confused: :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">