• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how long can it drag on

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tommy

my wife was sued 1 week before the NY statute of limitations ended. Now the case just sits there with no depositions (rescheduled many times) and no end. The plantiff has no case at all, but is sueing for 1/2 million. In the state of New York, is there any time limit to move on with a case or not. We own a home and are worried, but dont want to rock the boat. Can we wait it out or does a motion have to be filed?? thanks you for any advise.

ALawyer

This is one you raelly need the lawyer defending you to answer. It may not make sense to rock the boat.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

T

The Legal Shoppe

Is this a claim that your auto or homeowner's insurance company would cover? If so, talk to the adjustor assigned to your claim. If a lawyer has been hired by your insurance company, then talk to that lawyer. If you are not covered by insurance for this claim, then contact a lawyer immediately and inquire about your rights and responsibilities.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">