• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long does it take to be served?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gabecoco

What is the name of your state? PA

I was wondering if anyone knows how long it usually takes to get served for a lawsuit after it has been filed?

TIMMAAYY

Depends on the type of lawsuit and which level of court it's going through. I sometimes have to perfect service within 30 days of the filing, other times it's 20 days, 45 days, etc. I don't know the exact "rules" on the time limits, but it varies from one type of suit to the other. I am in Ohio.

Most of mine have been civil suits ( divorce, child support, consumer cases, etc. ).

moburkes

Depends on the type of lawsuit and which level of court it's going through. I sometimes have to perfect service within 30 days of the filing, other times it's 20 days, 45 days, etc. I don't know the exact "rules" on the time limits, but it varies from one type of suit to the other. I am in Ohio.

Most of mine have been civil suits ( divorce, child support, consumer cases, etc. ).
Turn on your PMs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">