• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Long To File Lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kurrliee

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Nevada

I was in a car accident in July of 2003. At the time I did not think that I had any serious injuries. I recently have been suffering from a very painful neck and back. I was diagnosed with a dislocated neck vertebrae, twisted spine and hips. The doctor said that this type of injury was probably caused from an accident and that it takes several years for it to aggravate. How many years after the accident do I have to file a lawsuit against the responsible parties insurance company?

More Info Plz....

Hi, please elaborate: was anybody determined to be at fault for the accident? Do you have your own auto insurance? If the other party was at fault, were you in contact with their insurance (if they even had any?)? If you were in contact with their insurance company (assuming they accepted fault), did you sign a release? Most of the time, injury from a MVA SOL is 2 years, from what I've heard.

Good luck.

K

S

shell007

kurrliee said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Nevada

I was in a car accident in July of 2003. At the time I did not think that I had any serious injuries. I recently have been suffering from a very painful neck and back. I was diagnosed with a dislocated neck vertebrae, twisted spine and hips. The doctor said that this type of injury was probably caused from an accident and that it takes several years for it to aggravate. How many years after the accident do I have to file a lawsuit against the responsible parties insurance company?
Usually two years from the date of accident/injury to file a personal injury suit.

kurrliee

The other driver was ticketed as being at fault for this accident. I do have my own insurance but her insurance company did pay to repair my car. No I did not sign any release for this accident.

S

shell007

kurrliee said:
The other driver was ticketed as being at fault for this accident. I do have my own insurance but her insurance company did pay to repair my car. No I did not sign any release for this accident.
I believe that you may be out of luck! SOL ended in July 2005.

S

shell007

In addition...FYI if needed

Nevada, 2 years, Chapter 11, Sec 11.190

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">