• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How much am I liable for when lending out my car?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nmckernan

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My insurance allows me to lend my car to anyone age 25 and over. If I lend my car out and my car is involved in an accident, worst case sceanrio, causing bodily injury etc, and my car insurance company has to pay the damages, can someone also sue me for my home? The car is only in my name but the home is in my name and my husband's name? Thanks.
Nancy

robmpulse

However, depending if you r state is a homestead state or not, you may not be able to be sued for your house....... that I couldn't tell you as I am not familiar of your state....

BelizeBreeze

robmpulse said:
However, depending if you r state is a homestead state or not, you may not be able to be sued for your house....... that I couldn't tell you as I am not familiar of your state....
Please enlighten me as to what the hell homestead has to do with the question at hand? :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">