• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how much distance for a clear view

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

miresi

What is the name of your state? NH

Hi,

I posted a while back. I was in an accident had no insurance, my fault. At the time of the accident I was in shock because I didn't know how this could have happened. I stopped at red light, it turned green. Saw the next light was green, proceeded (speed was under thirty miles an hour). I looked away for a second while my daughter was talking (I mean one of those brief glances for eye contact), when I looked back I saw the red light and slammed on the brakes but just a little too late. Obviously not the other drivers fault so I agreed it was mine. Agreed to make payments. Now months later, many people are telling me that it is a known dangerous area and a lot of accidents happen there. I finally drove back down that road and I saw that the light that I saw turn green that I thought was on the next road was actually two crossroads down. All the lights on the crossroads of the street where hung over the center of the road EXCEPT the one where the accident occured. That street had two traffic lights on each corner but trees on both side of the road prevented them from sight until I was halfway down the block. The distance between lights is 1/10 of a mile.

My questions;
Could this make the accident not 100% my fault?
Since I already agreed to fault and payments is it too late?
Since I don't have an insurance company to represent me can I ask the police myself for accident information on this street or is this something I would need a lawyer for?
Should I pursue this or just let it drop and get over it?

Thanks

LK.

Yes, if you have admitted fault and agreed to payments, it is likely too late unless a qualified attorney in your state directs you otherwise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">