• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how much is THIS going to cost me...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mellomann

Tennessee:

To sum it up i failed to yeild ( which i got a ticket for) and hit the side of an oncoming suv pulling out into incoming traffic.

i did not have inusrance. the officer gave me a ticket for failing to yeild and another ticket for no proof of inusrance. i went and got inurance the same day after the accident because i need to show proof of it on my court date.

now, how much money am i looking at? im sure she was insured, prolly fully insured. im sure shes got a deductable she has to pay. is that all im going to be responsible for? is the insurance company going to come after me with a knife? what what what am i looking at???

whats going to happen!!!

Happy Trails

mellomann said:
Tennessee:

To sum it up i failed to yeild ( which i got a ticket for) and hit the side of an oncoming suv pulling out into incoming traffic.

i did not have inusrance. the officer gave me a ticket for failing to yeild and another ticket for no proof of inusrance. i went and got inurance the same day after the accident because i need to show proof of it on my court date.

now, how much money am i looking at? ***Hard to say, how much is her vehicle worth? Is she injured? Etc.... im sure she was insured, prolly fully insured. im sure shes got a deductable she has to pay. is that all im going to be responsible for? ***Probably not.is the insurance company going to come after me with a knife? ***Not a knife, but who knows for sure if they will. I think that they will, insurance company's don't like to lose money and will try to get back any money they are out. what what what am i looking at???

whats going to happen!!!
We could all speculate, that isn't going to help you.

You can wait and see what approach they will take, but you are most likely going to be sued.

You're probably going to need an attorney.

Lynx 36

You're license will also probably be suspended until you make full restitution. You had better hope the other party insn't claiming any injuries or it could get real costly f/ you. Wages garnished, personal property taken, litigation. Have fun.

It is absolutely foolhardy to drive w/o good insurance in todays sue happy society.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">