• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How much info is too much?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

winnie

You've helped me before regarding an accident I had in December of 1999. I've got one more question for you. We are in the process of attempting to settle with the insurance company. My attorney has filed a demand, but no other action has been taken, as the insurance company has demanded certain things, ie: original MRI, employment verifications, prior doctors histories, and copies of my income taxes. They have everything they've asked for, except, I only gave them copies of the front of my income taxes, which naturally aren't signed, because they're the front not the backs!! DUH! Now they want the back sides too, I'm trying to figure out who my attorney works for me or the insurance company. I'm not giving them that information, because that really isn't any of their business. They only need to know that there was a loss of income this year compared to last year, and I've already given them three years returns. Am I right, or all wet? I also found out through the Kelly Blue Book . Com that the cops report was filled out wrong, I was hit by an SUV and a staion wagon as he reported, does this mean anything? Thanks so much for all the help you've given me this year, at least I know I'm not going absolutely insane.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

I am not sure about the difference between SUV and station wagon -- what you were hit by doesn't matter, as long as the documentation of damage is sufficiently shown, etc.

As to backs of income taxes, they want your signature to verify this is the REAL return, not a made up one for your case. Your attorney is hired by the insurance company but the client he owes a duty to is you.

W

winnie

What do you mean he's hired by the insurance company? I hired him, and signed papers with him? Is he actually working for the insurance company? And doesn't 2000 more pounds hitting me make a difference? After all it's not a car it's a truck.

L

lawrat

You need to be more clear then. If you HIRED him and the insurance company didn't, then he absolutely still must represent you.

As to the damage, both are big cars. If it makes a difference as to proof, then okay. But if there is no question as to damage to the vehicle or to you, then don't worry about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">