• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How is a value placed on injuries from auto accident?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

patticakes

How does insurance adjuster place a value on injury from auto accident? I was told by the adjuster today that she would evaluate the total claimfrom my injuries. Then deduct my medical bills (total 50,000+) from cervical fusion/therapy, deduct what the at fault driver's insurance will pay (his limit is 20,000 and they've agreed to pay to the limit), deduct PIP she's already paid. Then she'd be able to settle with me for the difference. My ?? how did she reach a starting point ??? I'm in Texas

L

LawScott

I am guessing that you speak of the insurance adjuster for your underinsured motorist policy. Whether it's your policy or someone elses, insurance adjusters are in the business of saving THEIR company money. They are not in the business of making sure injured persons are compensated appropriately. In other words, if you want someone looking out for your interests then go see a local personal injury attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">