• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hydrochloric acid spill on my property...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cha

A trucking company's truck crashed and spilled hydrochloric acid on my property. can I do a law suit, any possible legal problems, litigation, possible negligence, liability(me?, government?)

racer72

Been doing some research and I can find nothing about hydrocloric acid being very dangerous. The recommended method for cleaning spills is baking soda to neutralize it then rinsing with wather. Contact your local fire departments Hazmat team and they can give a better answer as to whether you are in any danger or not. If you still wish to pursue the matter, contact the trucking company's insurance company. The only thing that hydrocloric acid should not come in contact with is titanium, it will cause it to corrode.

C

cha

Racer...

but still, can I do a law suit, is there any possible legal problems, litigation, possible negligence, liability(me?, government?)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Racer...

cha said:
but still, can I do a law suit, is there any possible legal problems, litigation, possible negligence, liability(me?, government?)
My response:

If the trucking company cleans up the mess, then you have no damages. Like Racer has already said to you, HCL is fairly benign and is easily cleaned.

If they clean it up, you have no damages, and no Cause of Action for a lawsuit. If they don't clean it up, and you are caused to expend money to do so on your own, then the trucking company is on the hook to reimburse you.

IAAL

C

cha

thanx....

Thank youi racer and I'm always liable

Thanx,
Cha

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">