• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

supatrupe

I'm Lost????

Arizona, Tucson

My car was stolen on the 22 of Sept. since then I have filed a claim and have Moved to Georgia, I am in the military. Well at about Midnight on 18 Oct the car was recovered by the Tucson PD they say it is in pretty good condition but it won't start. I have given power of attorney to a friend I can trust being I can't just hop a flight. The insurance company is having the damage appraised by someone of their choice and told me they would get back to me. I have never in my life had to deal with insurance in this manner so I was wondering what steps should I take to cover my backside? And is their any way I could get the car sent to me in GA and have Insurance pay for it. Any help you can give is appreciated.:confused:

Last edited:

stephenk

if your car is repairable, your insurance carrier will give you an estimate for the costs. the car can be fixed in Arizona with your carrier paying the repair shop. You would have to get your car to Georgia on your own.

OR

you can get the check from your carrier and you pay to have the car trucked or driven to Georgia and then get it fixed. However, your carrier may make you sign a release if you decide to just take the check and not let them fix the car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">