• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am being sued!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dannyboy

What is the name of your state? California.

I just got served a summons. The paper says that I am being sued for a auto accident I had about 3 years ago. I was driving a company vehicle on the clock. I was travelling about 10 m.p.h. and rear ended another car. He did not seem injured. There was no visible damage to either vehicle. I was very dillegent in keeping my old company updated with personal info. The paper says he is sueing me for 300,000.00+ I dont even have $300.00 in my bank account. What should I do? My old company has not returned my call. Should their insurance company cover me? Thankyou for any advice !

moburkes

What is the name of your state? California.

I just got served a summons. The paper says that I am being sued for a auto accident I had about 3 years ago. I was driving a company vehicle on the clock. I was travelling about 10 m.p.h. and rear ended another car. He did not seem injured. There was no visible damage to either vehicle. I was very dillegent in keeping my old company updated with personal info. The paper says he is sueing me for 300,000.00+ I dont even have $300.00 in my bank account. What should I do? My old company has not returned my call. Should their insurance company cover me? Thankyou for any advice !
Yes, their insurance will cover the accident. Call them on Monday, and calm down. I know, easier said than done. You might even have a SOL defense.

But, again, don't worry about. Call Monday.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">