• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was arrested for a DUI and I was not even driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

raustinj

i live in north carolina... i was arrested for a dui when i was not driving the car. i left my car parked down the road in a friends driveway, and walked to the bar with the friend and then walked home. another good friend came by my home about 10 minutes after i got home she came by and told me my car was wrecked up the road. she then took me back to where she found my car, we then called the police to report it stolen. when the cop got there he arrested me for a dui and tried to provoke my friend to lie about what happened or they would arrest her as well. she refussed and continously repeated the details of what happened, however, they still arrested me and took me to jail for a dui never once listening to what i was trying to tell the officer. they never looked into the fact that i had called and reported it stolen... please give me any advise you can. thanks

M

mhd

The laws must be very different in NC than in TX. I was rearended by a drunk who fled -- I followed and called the police on my cell phone. By the time the police arrived, the driver had stopped in a motel. They cited her for no license and no insurance, but said they couldn't give her a dui since they didn't see her driving.

R

raustinj

update

I would like to first start by saying that the person accused of the bogus DUI was not the one that orginally wrote the fourmn, I was the friend involved and was trying to get advise since I myself was involved in the situation. Some people believed it was a scam and with that being said I thought I would update the situation. First, I would like to thank those of you that offered advise. After the DA reviewed the case and the pictures taken the day after of the wreckage, persons involved, and the wreck site all the charges were voluntary dropped by the DA. DA told us that the arresting officer only had circumstantial evidence and all the incidents should not have occured. Again I would like to thank those of you who gave me some advise. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">