• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I fell asleep at the wheel driving my ex-bf's car and hit another, now I'm being SUED

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Knguyen

What is the name of your state?

Last May I was involved in an auto accident with my Ex's car. I feel asleep at the wheel and hit side impacted another car. I was not insured under his policy, however, my belief was that his liabilty insurance took care of it.

Yesterday, I recieved notice that he dropped off some documents at my parents place saying that I am being sued $25,000.00 by the people I hit.

I would like to get any advice on how to proceed with this if possible. I've never been in a situation like this. :confused:

I have not seen the documents as of yet.

Any comments, suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Y

yoyoma

Since you were NOT listed as a driver, the insurance company has no legal reason to pay for the accident.

So YOU are fully liable for all the damages.

You had NO business driving his car.....you were NOT married to him!

So best advice sell everything you own discretely, so you have no assets to show when they come a lookin!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">