• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I got hit in a parking lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iceman7329

What is the name of your state?
Georgia

I was driving across a store parking lot to park my truck when someone backed out and hit my truck. My truck is payed for and is in my name. My mom says the other guys insurance will write a check out to me and the body shop. I have a qoute from a body shop for $715, the insurance companys was for $520, I just want the check as I can fix the damage my self but my mom says they will not do that. I need to know how to go about this, thanks.

justalayman

iceman7329 said:
What is the name of your state?
Georgia

I was driving across a store parking lot to park my truck when someone backed out and hit my truck. My truck is payed for and is in my name. My mom says the other guys insurance will write a check out to me and the body shop. I have a qoute from a body shop for $715, the insurance companys was for $520, I just want the check as I can fix the damage my self but my mom says they will not do that. I need to know how to go about this, thanks.

There is no need for a body shop to be on the check. The money is owed to you and you are legally entitled to do what you want with it. There is no reason you would have to fix the truck at all if that is what you wish.

The ins. company is paying you for your damage, not for the repair.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">