• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I got into an accident, We were both backing up and we hit eachother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MelissaLeeAdorn

(Florida) but his insurance company sent me a letter saying that they want me to pay over $3,000. for his damages. When the police came, they determined it was both of our faults because we were both backing up and we hit eachother. I called his insurance company (liberty mutual) and she said they can collect money for Subrogation. Then she said that she can collect 50% from me as well as I can collect 50% from him. I dont want to pay him because I think his damages cost more than mine. If the police determined it was both our faults, do you think they can actually win??? Someone please help!!! Does anyone know what subrogation means?

Last edited:

MelissaLeeAdorn

No, i didnt have insurance at the time. I'm not trying to sue him, his insurance company called me and is trying to sue me.

ecmst12

Florida is what's called pure comparative negligence state. That means if you are both 50% at fault, then you pay for 50% of his damage and he pays for 50% of yours. It's a moronic way to deal with accidents, but the law is the law. Get an estimate and take what they'll give you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">