• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I got T-Boned.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Stephanyye

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I have been in two car accidents. First one was my fault, I didn't get a ticket or anything everything was fine, it was a minor crash but this second one I feel was not all my fault. I was driving at in intersection at around 11am. I was at a stop and I looked left, right and saw that the vehicles where at a good distant away from me, so I decided to cross the street which is a main street. I was going at about 20-25mph and I see something white approached me and I turn my head to the right and soon enough a white car hits me full speed, throws me to a near by parking lot where I flipped over 3 times apparently. I lost consciousness and I was hospitalized for 24hrs. The driver had two young children with him that had no seat belts on and were also injured. I'm not sure what conditioned the driver was in but he looked fine, more shocked than anything. I have insurance, but the other driver had no licence, or insurance or anything of that matter. Not only that but I am being blamed for the whole thing. All though it was the mans right, and that road is a 30mph zone but he went 12-18inches into the right side of my car. In my vehicle, the cops also found a pipe with marijuana residue and they also found on the other drivers car a pipe, marijuana, and some other stuff. But i'm thinking that is apart from the accident.

What do I do towards my defense. I'm a full time student, and that car was the only transportation I had to go to my school which is two cities away. What can I do? I haven't fully talked to the cops since they tried asking me questions when I was at the scene but I was not conscious enough to answer and even if I did answer, I wasn't sure what I was saying since I wasn't fully aware of my surroundings since I suffered a concussion and I lost consciousness for 40 seconds.

Help please! I'm not sure what to do, or what is going to happen.

I_Got_Banned

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I have been in two car accidents. First one was my fault, I didn't get a ticket or anything everything was fine, it was a minor crash but this second one I feel was not all my fault. I was driving at in intersection at around 11am. I was at a stop and I looked left, right and saw that the vehicles where at a good distant away from me, so I decided to cross the street which is a main street. I was going at about 20-25mph and I see something white approached me and I turn my head to the right and soon enough a white car hits me full speed, throws me to a near by parking lot where I flipped over 3 times apparently. I lost consciousness and I was hospitalized for 24hrs. The driver had two young children with him that had no seat belts on and were also injured. I'm not sure what conditioned the driver was in but he looked fine, more shocked than anything. I have insurance, but the other driver had no licence, or insurance or anything of that matter. Not only that but I am being blamed for the whole thing. All though it was the mans right, and that road is a 30mph zone but he went 12-18inches into the right side of my car. In my vehicle, the cops also found a pipe with marijuana residue and they also found on the other drivers car a pipe, marijuana, and some other stuff. But i'm thinking that is apart from the accident.

What do I do towards my defense. I'm a full time student, and that car was the only transportation I had to go to my school which is two cities away. What can I do? I haven't fully talked to the cops since they tried asking me questions when I was at the scene but I was not conscious enough to answer and even if I did answer, I wasn't sure what I was saying since I wasn't fully aware of my surroundings since I suffered a concussion and I lost consciousness for 40 seconds.

Help please! I'm not sure what to do, or what is going to happen.
You don't state whether the other driver had a stop sign or not... If he did not, then you will likely be at fault for the accident for failing to yield the right of way.

You should obviously report the accident to your insurance.

ecmst12

Sounds like you are aware that the other driver had the right of way - that means it is completely your fault. Your insurance will take care of the other driver's damages, but if you don't have collision coverage you will have to pay for your own vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">