• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i had no ins, lady rearended me while i was at dead stop can i sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kitty69612000

What is the name of your state? michigan

i was waiting to make a left turn into park to visit my son there was oncoming traffic it was dark out i looked in rear-view mirror saw van approaching they looked like they were passing in right passing lane was rearended other driver was going approx. 50-60mph upon impact. my car was totaled i was taken to hospital by ambulance with back/neck/r leg injuries i was uninsured at the time woman states in police report that she turned her head to speak to her 3 minor children in back when she hit me i am unable to sleep or get comfortable now because of pain and i am unable to find a job at this time because i dont have a car also i am unable to drive downstate to visit my son because i have no car my quality of life has been totally disrupted due to accident. do i have any recourse in this matter?

JETX

Possibly. Michigan is a 'First party, no Fault' state, where YOUR insurance is supposed to cover you in the event of an accident where you are at fault. The fact that YOU don't have insurance could severely restrict any claim against another. I would strongly suggest you contact a local attorney to see what options, if any, you may have.

S

sd1976

i'm just trying to find out the law in texas. must you be so rude:mad:

JETX

sd1976 said:
i'm just trying to find out the law in texas. must you be so rude:mad:
*** If you are trying to find out the law in Texas, start your own thread. Do not try to hijack this persons thread (in Michigan) to divert it to your concerns in Texas. That is both rude and disrespectful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">