• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i had no insurance because costs are outrageous in louisiana..hit by drunk driver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gabeinla

What is the name of your state? louisiana

was stopped at red light when i was hit from behind/side swiped...truck was totalled.....driver ended up bring drunk....can i collect for the cost of my truck at time it was wrecked....i wasnt hurt at all in wreck so im just concerned about cost of my truck

thanks

gabe

K

knotcops

Re: i had no insurance because costs are outrageous in louisiana..

gabeinla said:
What is the name of your state? louisiana

was stopped at red light when i was hit from behind/side swiped...truck was totalled.....driver ended up bring drunk....can i collect for the cost of my truck at time it was wrecked....i wasnt hurt at all in wreck so im just concerned about cost of my truck

thanks

gabe

Why do you think insurance costs are so high? Because people such as yourself drive around with out it and the rest of us have to pick up the tab. Think yourself lucky that you don't live in California. You would be fined $500 and lose your license for six months whether the accident was your fault or not.

File the claim against the other drivers insurance. If it is totaled, you will only receive the fair market value of the vehicle. If you owe money on a loan and the value is less than the loan payoff, you are on the hook for the difference.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">