• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i had a wreck please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joshe

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I recently had a reck and was not at fault cause the lady didn't clear all five lanes of traffic. Am i entitiled to the depreciation in my car that was caused by the wreck or what?? Please help me

J

joshe

your anweser

yes i did and she did... the question is is her insurance supposed to pay for the depreication in my car since the car was brand new and now its not worth anything... By the way the car is not totaled but i know that once in a reck a car is worth nothing correct??

D

Danny Graves

I would think that the insurance company should pay you the value of the car if it was totaled. Of course, new cars depreciate a crap load just as you drive them off the lot so you probably won't get what you think you should. Howver, they should pay off your loan if you have one.

If it can be fixed, they will just pay you for the repair. It is true that if anyone finds out that the car was involved in an accident, you will get less for it if you trade it or sell it. That sucks but it is the way it works.

I guess you could take the person to court but you would have to prove how much less your car is worth now as opposed to before the wreck.

This situation happens to people all the time. The car is never as good as new but you have to live with it.

J

joshe

Well the funny thing is I can prove that the car has lost value because i used to work as a car salesman and the place that I bought the civic is where I used to work. So if I can prove what the car was worth before the accident and then get a testimony from the dealership about what the car is worth now that it has been in a wreck am i entitiled to the monetary difference??

Z

zappy

you could sue in small claims court, and see if a judge will agree with you.

As a car salesman you would have acess to more accurate figures then the rest of us, so go for it.

And by all means Let us know what happens, and how you presented your evidence...

My father could have used this evidence 7 years ago, he was hit, the car was totaled and they offered him 1/2 of what he paid for it , it was only 2 years old.

J

joshe

the reason i have asked this quesiton is because i have only had my car for a week and a day...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">