• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have been served with a law suit after almost two years

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

valagiri

I had an auto accident in May 1999 in Texas. I rear ended another car. The other party involved in the accident did not have any visible injuries and her car was only slightly damaged. But she was taken in an ambulance because she was in shock. Since then my insurance company has been handling this issue . Almost just before the second anniversary of the accident (May 2001) I have been served with a law suit indicating that the other party wants to extend the period of statute of liability. I am not sure what it means to me. I have the following questions..

1. Why did the other party not initiate any sort of action (law suit) earlier?
2. Since the other party did not initiate any action for the past 1 year and 11 months does their claim or law suit hold any chance?
3. What does this new law suit mean to me?
4. What should I expect from my insurance company?
5. What are my rights?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">