• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I Have the Title But Can they Repo it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MountainMadness

What is the name of your state? Here's a strange one, I had nothing to do about it but I ended up with the title to my vehicle that I'm still paying for, a screwup that accured when I had my vehicle refinanced. I know I still owe them money, I'm behind on my payments because I have been unemployed for a long time. Anyway the situation is this, does the company have the right to Repo my vehicle even though there's no leanholder on it even though I still am paying for it? Can they still consider it collateral? I wouldn't consider not paying none the less, I'm not out to steal it from them, just want to know if they could Repo it.

JETX

"want to know if they could Repo it."
*** For the benefit of others who might want to know....
Yes, the lender still holds a security interest in the vehicle, even if the title was inadvertently sent to you. And they have this right (as stated in the loan agreement) until the contract is paid in full.

M

MountainMadness

Yes thank you, I found my loan papers this morning and checked on it. Thank you again for your responce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">