• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I hit an insured car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

Istianti

Hi, a week ago I hit a car and I realize that the fault was on me and I admit that. My car is in totall damage at least for the bonet and bumper, however the car that I hit is only the rear bumper. The car that I was hit is an insured car and mine is not insured. Looking at this, do I have to pay for all the damage that I cause to the other car or I only have to pay the'own risk' (whatever is the terms, I don't really know), I'm not familiar with the law, need help please.

Thank You

Istianti

pimp

repair

You would have to pay for the price to repair his car to pre-accident condition. If this person has a fiberglass bumper you will have to probably replace the whole rear bumper. Have the owner take his car to a couple of shops for estimates and hopefully ya'll can work out a reasonable cost. If he has full coverage he may have his insurance co. repair the car and then they will work something out with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">