• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I hit parked car in my own diveway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SunitaB

My driveway is curved driveway so when we enter to road first we back and then we can see in the front while to go out of our driveway towards the road. Our Garage is on the backside of house, and very safe. The driveway is us homeowners property. Our both the cars were in Garage. So as usual I backed my car and hit one of relatives car who came suddenly to visit. His car color and our neighbors house color were also almost same. He parked behind the Garage....I opened the garage with Garage opener and I was slowly taking out my car and hit his vehicle, didn't realize he parked his car behind the garage**************.who is to blame**************.

Happy Trails

SunitaB said:
My driveway is curved driveway so when we enter to road first we back and then we can see in the front while to go out of our driveway towards the road. Our Garage is on the backside of house, and very safe. The driveway is us homeowners property. Our both the cars were in Garage. So as usual I backed my car and hit one of relatives car who came suddenly to visit. His car color and our neighbors house color were also almost same. He parked behind the Garage....I opened the garage with Garage opener and I was slowly taking out my car and hit his vehicle, didn't realize he parked his car behind the garage**************.who is to blame**************.
The other car that was parked is not at fault. You have a duty as a driver to back your vehicle up without running into things.

SunitaB

Was he supposed to park his car in my driveway? it is private property and we have enough space to park in front of house.

racer72

SunitaB said:
Was he supposed to park his car in my driveway? it is private property and we have enough space to park in front of house.
Totally irrelevent. Put up a sign so relatives won't park in your driveway.

SunitaB

Got it. thankyou very much I got answer. I didn't want to be rude with my relative but I wanted answer for myself. Accidents do happens but for myself I just wanted to know in future if samething happens to me and fall in same situation.

MandyD

You can avoid this in the future just by turning your neck and LOOKING behind you before you start moving.

SunitaB

Yup mandy I agree with you. I am a very very safe driver**************..even if you enter sometime in situation which is not in your control**************.....I again want to thank everybody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">