• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was in an intersection during a light change and was hit...shouldnt have he waited?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JustAPal00

I agree with you that I think the accident was his fault. Whether you should or shouldn't have been there does not give him the right to ram you. You may need a witness to prove it though.

I was just commenting on your defense that traffic was moving when you entered the intersection. The point I was making is unless you can get through an intersection you have no business entering it, and the fact that "everyone does it" or "the lights are short is no excuse. The fact that most people cheat on their taxes doesn't make it right either!

greatXss

I agree with you that I think the accident was his fault. Whether you should or shouldn't have been there does not give him the right to ram you. You may need a witness to prove it though.

I was just commenting on your defense that traffic was moving when you entered the intersection. The point I was making is unless you can get through an intersection you have no business entering it, and the fact that "everyone does it" or "the lights are short is no excuse. The fact that most people cheat on their taxes doesn't make it right either!
Hea, I dont cheat on my taxes! LOL

I understand what your saying and will be even more cautious around here. I was in an accident a couple months ago where a woman cut across two lanes of highway traffic (same road as this accident) trying to get to a side road. I had no where to go, and T-Boned her. It was an open/shut case, but it left me pretty shaken up.

JustAPal00

That's how the officer explained it to me...
Usually "no fault" means no fault insurance where you insure your own car and the most you can recover from the other party is $500. It's supposed to cover your deductible.

What you're refering to is the same in Arizona. I was in an accident and the police officer said he couldn't write a citation because he didn't see it.

ecmst12

Pal, that is ONLY in Michigan. In every other state, No Fault refers to medical bills, and that they will always be paid by the injured person's own insurance first; in those states, PIP is part of the mandatory insurance coverage. In most no fault states, there is also a requirement for an injured person to have a permanent disability from their injury in order to receive compensation for non-monetary damages (pain and suffering). It has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with how the police investigate accidents, and in every state but Michigan, it does not apply to property damage, only injuries.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">