• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

beatrice23

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

MY HUSBAND AND I( HAD) HAVE A TRUCK THAT DID NOT HAVE INSURANCE WE WERE GOING TO GET THE INSURANCE ON THE WEEK OF THE ACCIDENT . MY BROTHER IN LAW WAS TAKING IT TO GET FIX WHEN A BRAND NEW EXPLODER HIT HIM SO HE GOT A LAWYER BECAUSE WE DID NOT HAVE INSURANCE ITS BEEN 4 MONTH SINCE THE ACCIDENT AND HE STILL HASNT DONE ANYTHING. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF WE COULD ACTUALY GET IT FIX THROUGH THE PEOPLE WHO HIT SINCE THEY HAD INSURANCE AND WERE THE ONES WHO HIT?????????PLEASE HELP WITH ANY ADVISE

S

stupidme2

You can file a claim against their insurance. If it is THEIR fault, the insurance will pay, although they will try to dispute it. YOU need to get a lawyer. As my lawyer told me, not having insurance doesn't make the accident YOUR fault. You HAVE to file a claim to get anything. The people you hit won't file YOUR claim.

spawn_x

you said they are the ones who hit it... was there a police report? was fault established at the scene on the police report? how did the accident happen?

don't bother with a lawyer for now, noone will take it based on contingency (spelling??) basis because it will only be for property damage, and paying the lawyer per hour will cost a nice amount..

however be prepared for your license to be suspended (or whoever was driving) because being in an accident without insurance is one year suspension...

B

beatrice23

IT WAS MY BROTHER IN LAW DRIVING . AND IT WAS THE OTHER CARS FAULT BUT MY BROTHER IN LAW GOT A LAWYER WHO IS NOT DOING ALOT ABOUT THE CASE THE LAWYER SAYS HE HASNT GOTTEN THE ACCIDENT REPORT WHICH I THINK ITS A LIE .MAYBE YOU ARE RIGHT AND THE LAWYER IS TRYING TO PROTECT MY BROTHER IN LAW FROM GETTING HIS DL SUSPENDED.I JUST HAVE TO SEE WHATS GOING TO HAPPEND IM GOING TO TRY AND GO GET THE ACCIDENT REPORT FROM THE POLICE STATION.

B

Brim__

I suggest you file a claim against the at-fault vehicle. Don't wait too long in case there is a time limit for such a claim. Have you called the court clerk and asked about filing a small claims action? If you can prove fault, you probably don't even need an attorney. Get the police report, get a free estimate and tell the insurance company that you will file a law suit in 10 days if they don't settle the claim with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">