• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I Need Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

markme7

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

My ex-wife was driving one of my company vehicles when she swerved over the meadian in the highway onto the side of the on-coming traffic. A tractor trailor truck, on the on-coming side, avoided hitting her head-on which ultimately totaled the tractor trailer truck and the company SUV she was driving. The police report rendered it her fault calling it "reckless driving". Now the tractor trailer company wants to sue her for the value of the loss of the truck. Is my company in jeaopardy? Will they seek to sue me also?

I need help!

R

Raisinette

Whose insurance covers her? Would not your company's? The "help" you need is probably available through your insurance -- that's what people have it for.

stephenk

why was your ex driving one of your company vehicles? does she work for your company? did your company know she was driving their vehicle?

JETX

markme7 said:
Is my company in jeaopardy?
Yes. As the owner of the vehicle, the company will be named in any litigation.

Will they seek to sue me also?
Depends on what you mean by 'my company'. What is the form of this 'company'??? If it is a d/b/a or partnership, the damaged party and/or their insurance will very likely come after you also.

I need help!
Yes, you will.... IF you allowed her to drive your vehicle and you weren't insured.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">