• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I Need Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cook

Unbelievable but true- need help

I recently purchased a new auto. I only had liability coverage on my previous vehicle. I bought the car on a Saturday and was told by the dealer that I had thirty days to increase my coverage. Since it was a Saturday, I could not get a hold of my insurance agent. That evening I was involved in an accident that was deemed my fault.

Now the insurance company does not want to cover my damages. They are telling me that the dealer is responsible because they let me leave without proper coverage. The dealer says that since I financed through someone else, they didn't need to check my insurance. To add to that, my bank is saying that if the dealer does not fax them my proof of casualty insurance, they will not honor the check.

I had a perfect driving record, and was going to upgrade my insurance on the first business day (Monday) after I bought the car. I never would have left the dealer had I known that I was not fully covered. I live in Oregon.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">