• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I never woulda' thought...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

martinsearch

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?California
I was broadsided a few months ago. The damages to my car and car rental expenses come to $10,000. I do not carry collision on my policy. The other party's insurance says it's only liable for $5,000. I figured ok I'll collect the balance in small claims to get the other $5,000. But they're insurance co. wants me to sign a release form, before they hand over any money, that says I will be satisfied with the $5,000 and nothing more. I wouldn't be able to take them to small claims. Very frustrating!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

martinsearch said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?California
I was broadsided a few months ago. The damages to my car and car rental expenses come to $10,000. I do not carry collision on my policy. The other party's insurance says it's only liable for $5,000. I figured ok I'll collect the balance in small claims to get the other $5,000. But they're insurance co. wants me to sign a release form, before they hand over any money, that says I will be satisfied with the $5,000 and nothing more. I wouldn't be able to take them to small claims. Very frustrating!!

My response:

Okay! Thanks very much!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">